YOU READ IT HERE FIRST: No immediate injuries were reported in a stubborn fire that blew through a New Milford duplex tonight.
“As far as we know, all the residents got out,” Police Chief Frank Papapietro told CLIFFVIEW PILOT . A dog perished, however.
A New Milford firefighter also was taken to the hospital with burns described as not life-threatening.
The blaze broke out at 222 Main Street, near Prospect Avenue, just after 9:30 p.m.
Fire companies from Oradell, River Edge and Bergenfield aided their New Milford colleagues. A ladder truck and several lines poured water on the fire well past 10:30.
Ten minutes or so earlier, command pulled all personnel from the 2½-story, wood-frame building.
A DPW sander truck was requested, as well as PSE&G to cut the power. The building department and mayor were notified, as well.
New Milford Ambulance workers set up a heating tent, while the Teaneck Fire Department’s Box 54 supplied water, coffee and hot chocolate to those working the scene.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.