CLOSTER, N.J.– Temple Beth El of Northern Valley in Closter is inviting the community to join in its High Holy Day celebrations.
- Erev Rosh Hashanah – Oct. 2, 7:30 p.m.
- Rosh Hashanah – Oct. 3, 9 or 11:30 a.m.*
- Second day Rosh Hashanah – Oct. 4, 10:30 a.m.
- Erev Yom Kippur – Kol Nidre – Oct. 11, 7:30 p.m.*
- Yom Kippur – Oct. 12, 9 a.m. or 11:30 a.m.*
- Yom Kippur/Yizkkor/N’eilah – Oct. 12, 3:30 p.m.
* Require a ticket, which are available for purchase at the temple office. Several family-friendly and children's services, led by Rabbi Widzer and Cantor Rica Timman, are open to the public without a ticket purchase.
"These special services are designed to create warm and deep Jewish memories," said Publicity Chair Alissa Latner.
The Rosh Hashanah Service for families with young children, which includes shofar blowing, is slated for 3:15 p.m. Oct. 3, p.m. and continues at the Demarest Duck Pond for Tashlich at 4:30 p.m.
The Yom Kippur service for families with young children is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. Oct. 12.
"These children’s services are geared towards families with children in preschool through second grade, though all ages are welcome," Latner said.
Temple Beth El is a Reform congregation that welcomes all those making Jewish choices for themselves and their families, encouraging them to learn, discover, explore and deepen their relationship with God and the Jewish people, Latner said.
For more information, call (201) 768-5112, visit the temple at 221 Schraalenburgh Road or click here .