Summer time and the living’s easy -- well at least your wardrobe should be.
Founder and Editor-in-Chief of " Heather Zwain’s The Bergen County Bible" Heather Zwain is filling us in on what to wear when the weather gets hot.
With every season comes a set of trends that can help navigate what to wear. Summer is the perfect time to embrace color -- from pastels to bold hues. And if colored clothing isn’t your thing, have no fear, swipe a bright shade of pink, coral or red, across your lips, neon lacquer on your nails, and add some bold accessories, especially oversized earrings.
Play with patterns and prints -- checks, stripes, flowers and tropical palm leaves. Embrace shorts, sportswear and of course, lots of flowy dresses, both short and long. The best part of summer is the feeling of being relaxed. And your clothing should reflect that.
- 1. Oversized shirts, that double as dresses and bathing suit cover ups . “I absolutely love the playful polkadot print and lace bell sleeves,” says Heather. “Since it’s a button-down, it’s so easy to throw over a bathing suit.” $64, Ludovica , Westwood
- 2. Light wash denim. “Nothing says summer nights like bleached denim. I’m usually not the biggest fan of shorts, however, this high-waisted pair is perfect to transition from day to night and can be worn by women of all ages.” $56, Ludovica, Westwood
- 3. Handbags, belts and sandals in saddle and sandy nudes. “These accessories play perfectly with every outfit, and really are the best summer neutral.” belt $26; handbag $72; sandals $72, all available at Ludovica, Westwood
- 4. A pop of color and whimsy that brightens up an entire outfit and becomes a focal point. “I began making #handmadebyHeather butterfly bags three years ago, because a butterfly holds a very symbolic meaning to me, and to so many other people,” says Heather. “Plus, butterflies are so beautiful, majestic, and really make such a statement and enhance any outfit.” $65, to order email: TheBergenCountyBible@gmail.com
- 5. Go-to sunnies in multiple colors, shapes and style frames. “I’m a huge fan of oversized sunnies and literally wear them all the time. I love finding affordable pairs in different styles that I can wear to the beach and pool, and not have to worry about as much as some of my really expensive glasses.” rose gold sunnies $55; black cat eye sunnies $60, both available at Ludovica, Westwood
- 6. Palm prints. “This is such an easy way to incorporate color and prints into your outfit, and it’s right on trend!” $42, Ludovica, Westwood
Special incentive for Daily Voice readers: Mention Daily Voice and The Bergen County Bible at checkout at Ludovica (170 Westwood Ave., Westwood) to receive 20 percent off entire purchase.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.