BERGEN COUNTY, N.J.-- Irish eyes are smiling. And stomachs are being satiated across the county with Irish soda bread, corned beef and cabbage and a host of other specials, not to mention plenty of Guinness.
A brief sampling of where to get your green on follows. Feel free to add your own favorites to our Facebook page or in our comments. After all, we're all a wee bit (or a whole lot!) Irish on St. Paddy's Day.
- Blarney Station Pub, East Rutherford: Bagpipers will make an appearance around 4ish to get you in the revelry mood. Pair with Gaelic Chicken and you'll be set. Go Green: 258 Park Ave., (201) 531-0001.
- Davey's, Montvale: Corned beef and cabbage, Shepherd's Pie and other "across the pond" favorites are on the menu come Friday, March 17. Parade day on Sunday the 19th also brings live music. Go Green: 5 Park St., (201) 391-9356.
- Nellie's Place, Waldwick: Irish specialties such as corned beef and cabbage, Irish stew, Shepherd's Pie, Bangers & Mash, lamb stew and housemade Irish soda bread will be served through the weekend at Nellie's, where, come St. Patrick's Day, you'll also be treated to bagpipers and Irish step dancers. Go Green: 9 Franklin Turnpike, (201) 652-8626.
- Poitin Still, Hackensack: Live music starts at 3 p.m. on Friday and there will be food and drink specials throughout the day including Fish & Chips, Guinness beef stew, corned beef and cabbage and more. G o Green: 774 Main St., (201) 487-0660.
- Tommy Fox's Public House, Bergenfield: There will be a special menu throughout the day on Friday along with live performances from The McLoughlin School of Dance starting at 1 p.m. Go Green: 32 S Washington Ave. (201) 384-0900.
- The Shannon Rose, Ramsey: Step dancers, bagpipers, live music, face painters and more are planned for Friday, March 17, with activities going into the weekend. There will also be lots of classic Irish dishes including Killarney Coast Mussels, Irish Stout Lamb, Steak and Guinness Pie and Boxty, crisp potato cakes topped with smoked salmon and mustard-chive cream. Pair your favorite draft beer with a shot of Tullamore D.E.W. Irish Whiskey. Go Green: 1200 State RT 17, (201) 962-7602.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.