CLOSTER, N.J. — Summer is still in full swing but Closter is planning ahead for Labor Day weekend.
The 56th Annual Labor Day celebration takes place Sept. 3-5 at Veterans Memorial Park.
- The Annual 4-person volleyball tournament begins at 11 a.m.
- The Waldwick Band performs an eclectic mix of show tunes, marches and big band favorites at the Lions Bandshell at 7 p.m. Bring a lawn chair.
- The 8:30 a.m. Kids’ Fun Run, followed by the 9 a.m. Annual Dom Mircovich Memorial 5K Race
- Movie Night begins at 7:30 p.m. at the Lions Bandshell.
- Festivities begin at 12:30 p.m. with games, rides, ponies, food and concerts. The Annual Recreation Awards Ceremony is at 2:30 p.m.
- To close out the weekend, there will be a fireworks display at nightfall, approximately 8:45 or 9 p.m.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.