CLOSTER, N.J. -- Closter Plaza is heading into spring with a fresh lineup of stores that cater to foodies, fashionistas and families, including relocations of local favorites.
These openings will coincide with the center's long-anticipated revitalization by retail developer Edens. "Closter Plaza is coming to life and will become a true gathering place for the Closter community," said David Germakian, director of development for Edens.
The center will be anchored by Whole Foods Market, which is scheduled to open in late 2016. Other anchors will include Target, HomeGoods and Cinemex. Local businesses Massage Envy and Rudy's, an Italian eatery and pizzeria, are expected to open in April in their new homes, next to the future Whole Foods Market.
Harmon, Dollar Tree and PNC Bank will remain open during the renovation. New retailers opening this spring and summer include:
- Kidville: Kidville offer classes like gym, art and music and a preschool alternative program.
- Tutti Nails & Spa: A full-service nail salon, Tutti offers its customers a tranquil atmosphere to unwind.
- 18|8 Fine Men's Salon: This salon bills itself as a reinvention of the barbershop.
- Unleashed by Petco: A spot to shop for goods and services for dogs and cats in a pet-friendly environment.
- Distrito and Village Whiskey: two restaurant concepts from chef Jose Garces. Distrito is a celebration of the culture and cuisine of Mexico City. Village Whiskey is envisioned by Garces as a spot where he and his team could enjoy a drink and a snack after a long night in the kitchen.
- Bareburger: An eco-friendly restaurant that celebrates organic and all-natural ingredients, dedicated to serving free-range, grass-fed, locally sourced burgers and sandwiches.
- Cycle Bar: CycleBar unites riders of all ages and fitness levels by creating a multisensory journey.
- Cinemex: Mexico City-based Cinemex is a dine-in movie theater.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.